Friday, February 24, 2006

Next Stop...



My boss at work has generously given me SIX WEEKS off from work so I can go traveling this spring. And from what immediately proceeds this paragraph you van see where I will be headed. I have purchased tickets and will be leaving Honolulu on the 30th of March and will be returning to Hawaii on the 13th of May. Unlike my last journey to Southeast Asia, I will be traveling across South America with a companion. Her name is Rebecca and I promise that I will provide a proper introduction in the future.

Right now the plan is to arrive in Rio on the 1st of April and eventually travel up the Atlantic coast of Brazil to Belem, a town at the mouth of the Amazon River. From there we will be traveling all of the way up the Amazon to Iquitos, Peru. I will depart from there to begin my journey home.

Right now I am occupied with the process of getting my visa for Brazil, which as it turns out, is a serious pain in the butt for Citizens of the United States.

Like last time, I promise to write updates from the road on a regular basis. And as requested, there will be a higher picture to text ratio this time. ; )

No comments: