Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Books

I read a few books while I was in South America and I thought it would be nice to share the list with you. I started with the first two books on the list and when I finished them I traded with another person traveling. I repeated this process as I went along. I really like doing it this way because I always end up reading things I normally never would. Anyway... on with the list.
  • Pudd'nhead Wilson by Mark Twain*
  • Bech is Back by John Updike
  • Life on Air by David Attenborough*
  • Night Train to Memphis Elizabeth Peters
  • Remote Control by Andy McNab
  • Dead-eye Dick by Kurt Vonnegut
  • Tough Guys Don't Dance by Norman Mailer
  • One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich by Alexander Solzhenitsyn*
There aren't that many books, especially for a six week trip, but you have to remember that I get VERY motion-sick if I read in a moving car or bus. I did do ok on the boat though, which is where I read the last three on the list.

* Highly recommended books.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I will have to look into some of these books.

Owen said...

The Attenborough book is about the famous BBC TV personality who did nature programs for his entire career. You may not recognize his name, but you will recognize his works. His tories are also really incredible

The Alexander Solzhenitsyn book is AMAZING. I can't recommend it enough.