Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Counter-revolutionary

This post only tangentially relates to my travel adventures, but it is SO awesome that I had to post it.

My mom's best friend Kendra has spent the last two years living in Beijing, China. She has been teaching art at an international school there. My mother knows that Kendra shares my passion for travel and so she passed along m blog URL. Kendra of course followed the link and was quite startled to discover that access to my web site is restricted by the Chinese government.

As I am sure that many of you know, China places strict restrictions on what web sites can be viewed by computers from within the country. Apparently, for some reason, the Chinese government has deemed that my blog is counter-revolutionary!

I can not figure out why this would be the case, so if any of you have any thoughts, please post them in the comments section.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's so awesome

-lucas

Anonymous said...

that's a real head scratcher....but you should be honoured none the less :)

Emily said...

no thoughts on why, but well done. 50 travel points!

Anonymous said...

They block you because they assume your whole blog is a lie. Afterall, who's ever heard of an American who travels outside the US so much? Doesn't make sense. C'mon, admit it, you actually still live in Idaho and make up all these Hawaii and travel stories. Hick.

Cheers,
Dan R.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if it's your blog that they're blocking or the blogspot.com domain.

Owen said...

That is a good point Mike. I think that they may block the blogspot domain because it is all unregulated postings.