Friday, July 27, 2007

Return to Hanoi

After worked wrapped up on my site a little early we moved north to Hanoi. I visited Hanoi back in 2005 on my Southeast Asian adventure. I had an awesome experience when I was there the first time, and the city did not disappoint upon my return.

One of my first stops was Hanoi Backpackers Hostel where I stayed in 2005. Max, the owner, was more than surprised to see me and a little worried about what sort of trouble I would cause this time. I assured him that since I was in town for work I would be on my best behavior.

I also explored more of the city's sensory stimulating streets.



While I greatly enjoyed Hanoi the first time I was there, this trip reminded me how much I love the city. It is definitely one of my favorites out of all of the cities I have visited. There is something new and interesting to see, hear, smell, and taste around every corner. There are fabulous restaurants of every variety and a seemingly endless number of things to do and explore.

I hope to get the opportunity to return to Hanoi several more times through work.

3 comments:

Damien Huffer said...

It's my favorite SE Asian city, too! I feel I could live there in a heartbeat. I should be back in January or February for a few weeks for my own work, and can't wait. If you are back there at that time, we must hook up :)

Emily said...

Agreed. Hanoi was one of the few cities I've been to where I immediately thought "I could live here." Glad you got a chance to go back.

Owen said...

I will hopefully have the chance to go back several more times while I am at JPAC.