Monday, June 09, 2008

Vancouver (out of order)

Immediately before my departure to Papua New Guinea, I went to Vancouver B.C. for the Society for American Archaeology conference to give a presentation about some of the work I did for my masters. I had a big plans to get outside and see some parts of the city, but the weather did not cooperate. I guess I expended all of my good weather karma in Europe...


Looking north over Burrard Inlet from the convention center.

Looking south down Burrard St. while it snowed.

1 comment:

Damien Huffer said...

I miss Vancouver! I'd love to live there if i could even begin to afford it. I hung around for a few days after the conference to day trip and sight see before heading back to Australia. Stanley Park, the UBC campus, various museums etc. After years of life in a desert, greenery and snow were a great change :) If you have an email address you'd give me, I can send my photos to you!