Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Christmas in California

I am headed back to my parents house in Woodside, California for Christmas this Friday the 16th. I have managed to get three weeks off from my very generous boss at work. For those of you who are reading this who are not already familiar with where my parents live, Woodside is on the San Francisco Peninsula about half-way between the San Francisco and San Jose. My parents live up in the hills to the west of the 280 freeway.

I am very excited to be heading back to California. I haven't been there since May 2005 and looking forward to to seeing all of my extended family and my friends from college. I will be attending Dan and Emily's annual Christmas party, spending time with Emily (Julie's older sister), as well as traveling to southern California with my little sister to assist in her architecture batchelor's thesis research. While I am in SoCal I am going to get to see more friends from college and Linda and Ian's new daughter, Lindsay.

Another highlight of the trip is going to be my Mom's big opening in San Francisco on the 7th of January. She primarily does collage and she has a whole bunch of pieces that are going to be displayed in a gallery. My family is very excited and we are going out to support her.

As usual I have stocked up on chocolate covered macadamia nuts for everyone. I hope that this will be enough...


Since I am traveling, look for more posts in the coming month...

No comments: