Saturday, June 13, 2009

Bird Park

Having been in an urban jungle for four solid days I decided to take a respite from the concrete and so I headed to the Kuala Lumpur Bird Park. It is the largest free flight aviary in the world. It is built in a valley so the giant nets spread across the valley and down the open end. There were dozens and dozens of species that were free to move as they please. There were even several species that were breeding regularly. I have included a few of the better photos.

It was nice to wander around the relatively empty park and enjoy a stroll.

The ostrich was very curious and would come right up the fence and stare at you.


So was the hornbill. As soon as I walked up it hopped right off of its perch and came straight towards me. I was glad that it was in its own cage.

1 comment:

day said...

The ostrich is one of those creatures that looks at you and thinks: "If I was bigger, I would eat you."

Charming bastards.