Thursday, April 27, 2006

Getting on the boat...

Since I last posted Rebecca and I have made out way from Pipa to Fortaleza, where we spent two nights, and we are now in Manaus out in the Amazon. Internet cafes in this part of the country do not let you load anything onto them, (a.k.a. photos off of CDs or cameras) so I can nto share any new photos with you. But, I promise that we have been taking lots of photos and that I will post them as soon as I get the chance.

Tomorrow Rebecca and I get onto the boat that is going to carry us to Tabatinga from Manaus. It is a 7 day journey and we are a little nervous. We went down and looked at the boat that we are supposed to taking and there were guys loading so much cargo onto it that is looks like there will be almost no room for any passengers. We also do not know how many people have been booked on the boat because everyone sleeps in hammocks... As a result we are going to be going down to the boat about 8 hours early to try and stake out some space.

This leg of the adventure will definitly produce the most outrageous stories.... So stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you had any hallucinagenic root juice yet?

Anonymous said...

Everything looks amazing, even the sketchy boats. That's going to be a great adventure - I hope you come back from it! - Mel