Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Chicago, chicago that toddling town

I am off again for a short trip. This time I am headed to Chicago for 10 days to visit Emily. Emily and I met in college and even though we have lived very far apart for four years now, she is still one of my best friends in whole wide world. She is currently a political science Ph. D. student at the University of Chicago with an emphasis in international relations.

During the four years that Emily has lived in Chicago and I have lived in Hawaii she has come to visit me several times while I have only been to see her once, so it is high time that I journey to the windy city. As far as I am concerned the disparity in number of visits makes perfect sense. After all, I do live in Hawaii.

I am really excited to get to spend time with her. She knows me better than almost anyone and I can truly relax and just be myself around her. It is a nice warm comfortable feeling. I am also stoked to get to spend some time in a real big city that has great art, restaurants, bars, and night clubs. If anyone knows of anything cool going on in Chicago between the 21st to the 29th, please drop me a note in the comments.

No comments: