Monday, November 27, 2006

More Sydney

At the end of my first full day in Sydney, Joanne Bell, a friend that I made in Vietnam in 2005, arrived home from New Zealand. Jo, who has been to visit me in California and came out to Hawaii for two weeks, has been gracious enough to take some time off from work and explore some of the southeastern corner of Australia with me.
She took me around to parts of Sydney that are not heavily frequented by tourists such as Newtown and Balmain. Both are fabulous neighborhoods and I highly recommend that you check them out if you make it down this way. She introduced me to her friends and we went out for drinks with several of them.
Here are a few more photographs of Sydney.

Sydney skyline

How many Aussies does it take to satisfy a great white?

Sydney skyline from the Harbor Bridge

Bondi Beach

Making sure that the tourists don't get squished.

2 comments:

Papasan said...

Hi Joanne!
-Dan

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan!