Monday, August 29, 2005

Last Day

It has come down to my last day here in SE Asia. I have a few last minute things to pick up like patches of the flags of the countries that I have visited. I am also going to be heading down to Wat Phra Kaew and the Royal Palace, which I did not make it to in either of my two previous short stints here in Bangkok.

I also went and picked up my linen suit today. It fits perfectly. I just need to find an occasion to wear it now. I had the guy in the store take a photo of me.



I went out to the giant weekend market here in Bangkok yesterday and I can now say that I have taken care of ALL of my x-mas shopping for this year. Hehe, I love travel. I also think that everyone is going to be very pleased with what they are going to receive this year.

It has ben a long trip and I have had so many wonderful expereinces as I have gone along. I am extremely grateful to all of the people I have met and have shared their time with me. These include (in roughly chronological order):

Caroline, Mark, Max & Michael, the rest of the Hanoi Backpackers Hostel staff, Sarah, Martha, Iris, Niamh, Lucy, Don, Joanne, Andrew, the Rainbow Divers Team, Chris & Liz, Manuel, Rebecca, Kim, the French connection (Ulysses, Shushu, and Clement), the Buddha View Dive Team and Bar Crew, the Coral Sky Divers Team (esp. Sue), and Hanna.

Thanks to all of you who have been reading the blog while I have been traveling and I really appreciate all the feedback that you have given me along the way.

While it is the end of my trip it will not be the end of this blog. There are countless photos and short annecdotes that I want to share with you. So, please continue to check the blog regularly. There will be new updates once I am back in Honolulu and in front of my own computer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Following your adventure through this blog has been incredible. Thank you for giving me such an incredible view of a part of the world I never expected to see. I look forward to many stories and pictures. Perhaps the next time you're in the bay area we can find a way to have a slide show party.

Thanks again for the incredible journey.

Greg

anne anne said...

awww bit sad it's ending so fast..been visiting quite often ((: it's pretty amazing bout the places u described..envy that u're able to travel so much

Owen said...

Thanks for the compliments and keep checking the blog! I am going to post a lot more when I get home.

s. v. Indigo said...

The white linen suit - wow, you could break a heart! Read some Somerset Maughm, some Graham Greene (The Quiet American), or Peter Carey's My Life as a Fake. We'll look forward to more on this blog.
Mac and Catherine