Friday, August 12, 2005

More Beach Time

Hehe... I thought I would post a few more pictures of the beach I am staying on, Chalok Baan Kao. It is on the southern end of the island.

The weather took a turn for the worse today and we got caught out diving in some serious conditions. There were 8 foot swells rolling by the boat and causing the boat to surge up and down. There were about 25 divers strung out on the safety line behind the boat in the driving rain trying to get back onto the boat. It took more than 45 minutes, but we all eventually made it in one piece. It was definitely a new diving experience for me. Still the dive was totally worth it! We saw a school of about 100 4 foot long baraccuda, and a huge school of jacks.

Due to a generous sponsor - my father - I will be renting a digital camera to take pictures on a dive. I am trying to see as many sites as possible before deciding where to take the camera. I will be sure to post pics as soon as I have them!

For all you divers out there, you MUST come to Thailand!

My bungalow (It has a king size bed).

Chalok Baan Kao Beach

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What can I Say - am EXTREMELY jealous!! Ko Tao looks great! Glad you are still having a ball! Enjoy your last few weeks!!

...........Sarah

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm up here at Sea Ranch with your parents. They urged me to look at your weblog. Which is difficult on this lame dial-up. Anyway, Victoria and I are taking good care of them.

Do take pictures.

But don't forget to size them properly before uploading. Otherwise yr wasting bandwidth.

Cheers.
--Richard and Victoria

Owen said...

I know I should be resizing the pics, but i am lucky simply to be able to upload them in these countries.

Anonymous said...

Am I the only one curious why Owen told us about the size of his bed? ;)

Sounds like an awesome place, Owen. I'd love to see the underwater pics. Yeah for Owen's Dad!

Adriane

Owen said...

The reason the size of the bed was mentioned is thatr I am traveling throuigh countires with VERY short populations who do not always take into account the height of westerners. I have countless stories relating to the difficulties that my height has caused.