Monday, August 08, 2005

On The Move

Over the course of the 5 days I spent in Siem Reap I met around 20 travelers who arrived at the guesthouse I was staying in with horror stories of the road from the Thai border to Siem Reap. Stories included massive rain, giant mud filled pot holes that trucks fell into and got stuck up to their axles, traffic jams lasting three days, and even having to hike in the rain with their bags for 2 hours to get past the traffic jams. With all of this in mind I dropped a bunch of money to fly from Siem Reap to Bangkok. That is just a little more of an adventure than I am looking for on this trip.

So now I am sitting in an internet cafe on Khao San Road. I am only going to be in Bangkok for six hours because I made travel arrangements to get from Bangkok to Ko Tao with a scuba diving resort. I leave tonight at 7:15 on the express train to Chumphon where I will catch a boat out to the island. All told, in about 24 hours I am going to have made it from Siem Reap to Ko Tao.

Cambodia was nice, not as nice as Vietnam mind you, but I still enjoyed it. Especially Angkor. Speaking of which, here are more pictures for you.


Angkor Wat at sunset.
Bayon face early morning.
Ta Som gateway.
East Mebon
Monkey!
Just for fun... The current movie showing in Siem Reap.
And on a more serious note... Hopefully this is evidence of Cambodia moving in a more peaceful direction...

No comments: