Friday, July 08, 2005

Hanoi Part I

I met a great guy in BKK airport yesterday named Mark. We started chatting and decied to team up for the entry in Hanoi from the aiport. It turned out to be a realy good idea because the old drop you off at the wrong place kind of near where you realy wanted to go occured. We caught the Vietnam Airlines mini bus from the aiport to the old quarter of town and told the driver that we wanted the Hanoi Backpackers Hostel which is located at 48 Ngo Huyen. They tok us to a number 48 on a slightly different street with a slightly different named establishment. Mark realized that there should to two aussies running the place and that was certainly not the case at the location they dropped us off. After a bunch of hastle from the driver and the hotel owner we promptly turned our backs and set off on our own, completely unaware of where we were in the city.

We managed to find where were were and how to get to the hostel. We made it, it is great, and on our way out to dinner at a sidewalk restaurant where we were the only white people I snapped the photo below.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there. I posted a question for you on BnA. I guess I can ask you here as well. I'll be flying out of HNL to SGN in December. Which airline did you choose and why?

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

yeah, how are you managing at those pho stalls with the miniature plastic chairs? must be a sight. make sure you hit up a bia hoa--have you found them yet?

Anonymous said...

So we get the photo of the hot girl but not of Mark. Hmm... Not that I'm complaining about the scenic pics - I hope you are taking many more than you are posting; I can't wait to see them.