Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Made it!!!

I have made it to the famous Khaosan Rd. (Seen at right). As you can see it is totally nuts. Every square inch of the place covered in commercial advertising, foodstalls, and tour operators. I took the photo earlier this morning when it was still pretty quiet. Now it is full of tuk tuk drivers and cabbies trying to talk you into going to look at really great deals gems that they swear I can sell for a ton of money. Yeah right! I have been around the block enough times to know a scam when I hear one.

Did you know that they drive on the WRONG side of the road here? The guide book does not mention it AT ALL. I am going to write lonely planet.

Also, I know that I am over 6 feet tall, but I live with three other tall guys and so I don't think about it much. I AM TALL!! I am at least 6 inches taller than ALL of the locals. I average about a foot over the women here.

Ok, so aside from the few bizarities things are going really well. I am headed off to go pick up my plane tickets right now so that I can fly to Hanoi Vietnam tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Khao San. I remember it well. Did you eat any of the grub worms they grill up on the sidewalk? Wouldn't want you getting any thinner. Eat up, boy.

As for the height thing, I can sympathize. I've got a couple inches on you. But look at it this way: you can always see down the crowded street.

Anonymous said...

Again I don't sign my note. -Dan